Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Everyone has their reasons for trying to get fit

I have always been an athlete ever since I was very little and could barely hold a bat or ball. Growing up with two siblings being raised by a single mother you constantly try to keep busy otherwise you will be sitting in the house alone.



I constantly tried to follow in my sister's footsteps and do everything she did even to the point of taking the same number she was and position  in basketball and softball. Growing up in a small town, most of my friends families owned their own businesses so I was the poorest of them all. I always tried to overcompensate for this by being better in sports and having a super outgoing personality. I think that more than trying to show up my friend's, I was always trying to please my mom and be the best so my mom would make time to come see me play.



My mom is the most busy person I know and was always working two or three jobs to allow her children to have a normal childhood and get all the things regular kids get.  She also didn't know much about sports because she never had time to watch them and was only involved in tennis as a young girl so when she would make time to come to a game she was the worst critic ever.



My mom would come watch my game and ask me at the end "why didn't you hit the ball harder" or "you should have run faster" even though I was already the fastest person on the team and was batting in one of the top positions.



My family has a great sense of humor so if there is any imperfection they will make a joke about it. Sometimes I would go into my grandmothers house thinking that I looked very nice and she would start making fun of my hair or my legs. Having people always criticizing your body and how you look makes you want to be as close to perfect as possible so they don't have anything to talk about.  I can take a joke better than anyone I know but sometimes they stick in the back of your head and make you wonder if there is any truth to them.



I have always felt the best when I am working out because when I think my body looks good, my entire health feels better. I have moved on from caring how other people see me for the most part but now my problem is that since I have always had a very athletic body, if I let it go for a week or two, I see the results and feel a big difference. This is why I believe that fitness will always play a big part in my life because I cant let myself not exercise because it gives me energy and brings my entire mood up.


I have decided that going through all that has made fitness a huge part in my life and will possibly shape my future career.


Keep Sweating It!


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment